Based near the seafront in Littlehampton, we require someone to join our team of 7 secretaries/paralegals who support our regulated attorneys and carry out administrative duties for the registration of patents and trade marks. This vacancy is open to both those who have prior experience in the field, and those that don’t. As such, salary and duties will be dependent upon experience.
The role ranges from standard secretarial duties (e.g. audio typing/standard letter writing, directing calls to the office, diary support for attorneys) to field-specific formalities (e.g. filing applications for various forms of Intellectual Property, occasional project work, document handling).
This is an excellent opportunity to build a career in Intellectual Property formalities. Full training will be provided both in-house and externally, with the opportunity for the right candidate to progress towards the formal Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys administrator qualification (if they do not already possess this).
The ideal candidate must possess the following skills:
- Computer literate, with good typing skills.
- Appropriate telephone manner.
- Excellent attention to detail; good literacy and grammar skills.
- Willingness to learn, including motivation to study.
- Ability to prioritise.
We are hoping to fill this vacancy ASAP, however we’re open to working around notice periods.
Applicants are asked to supply a CV and accompanying cover letter. Applications can be made via Indeed, or direct to Schlich via email – please address your email to Keira Denton at email@example.com.
- Company events
- Company pension
- Private medical insurance
- Sick pay
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- All equipment and workstations are sanitised regularly by the employees and a deep clean by a cleaning agency is completed twice a week.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Littlehampton BN17 5HS: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- GCSE or equivalent (preferred)
- United Kingdom (required)